Manufacturer’s popular LVDVFe includes new remote control feature; LCDVF offers diopter option.
BURBANK—At NAB 2014, Manios Digital & Film will showcase the full product line from Kinotehnik, a world leader in the high quality camera accessories, including newly-upgraded versions of its popular LCDVF and LCDVFe viewfinders for DSLRs.
LCDVFe is a universal, production-style viewfinder that works with any camera that has HDMI signal output. It’s lightweight (12.3 oz) and features a super sharp (800X480) 3-inch color display and live video processing. The device has been upgraded to add a remote control option via an external USB joystick. “We’re constantly looking for ways to make this viewfinder more ergonomic and convenient,” says Kinotehnik Sales & Marketing Director Lars-Erik Hion. “The remote option provides camera operators with a new layer of flexibility and freedom that further sets this product apart from the pack.”
Manios Digital & Film will be showing Kinotehnik products at NAB Stand C9539.
Kinotehnik’s LCDVF now includes diopter correction as a standard feature. Designed to allow photographers to take advantage of the video features of current generation DSLRs and compact cameras, LCDVF is a lightweight loupe that mounts around the camera’s LCD display via a universal magnetic mount and provides 200% (2x) magnification. The diopter correction option adds a metal thread that accommodates 37mm diopter adjustment lenses. “It’s a wonderful addition for users with less than perfect vision,” says Hion, “and we accomplished it without adding weight or compromising the ease of use that has made LCDVF so popular.”
Also on display will be Kinotehnik’s HD-SHI to HDMI Convertor, a low-cost accessory that allows LCDVFe to be used with cameras that lack HDMI output such as the BlackMagic Cinema Camera. The aluminum converter fits to 15-mm mounting hole so that it can be easily installed to any rig system.
About Manios Digital & Film
A division of Ste-Man, Inc. and led by President Steven Manios, Jr., Manios Digital & Film has been bringing the world’s highest quality products to professional filmmakers, videographers and ENG crews in the United States since 1992. The company has longstanding relationships with leading manufacturers around the globe and an extensive dealer network spanning the United States. It is an authorized distributor for Cartoni, PAG, Vocas, Kinotehnik, Orbiter and LockCircle. By working closely with its customers, and by listening to and understanding their needs, Manios Digital & Film has become a trusted partner to film and video professionals worldwide.
Manios Digital & Film 10663 Burbank Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601; 818.760.8290.
- Reposition and shoot in no time: over the crowd, waist level or on the shoulder - no time lost when re-configuring the EVF. Can be fully operated with just one hand - opening the flip, changing battery pack etc.
- Live video processing features for precise image evaluation: Focus assist via color peaking, user adjustable exposure assist zebras, 1:1 pixel zoom feature with positionable recall
- Real-time image processing: virtually no latency
- Hardware supports jitter-free panning
- Optional remote control via external USB joystick
- On-board interchangeable batteries (4xAA)
- Universal power supply for unmatched powering flexibility from 4V to 17V - reverse polarity protected.
- Economy mode for extended battery life, intelligent sleep option built-in with LED indicator light
- Run time up to 6 hours
- Encased battery compartment to avoid battery drain in extreme cold
- Super crisp 24bit 3" LCD screen with 800x480 resolution (1.2 megapixels)
- Sleek yet rugged physical design and maximized usability after hundreds of hours of testing
- Optical construction offering generous diopter compensation. Vacuum laminated double element achromatic lens, utilizing ULD glass element for perfect image quality
- Separate HDMI transmitter for untouched HDMI loop through with audio for recording uncompressed video to external devices. The HDMI transmitter can be switched off for conserving battery power
- Weight 350gr (12.3 oz.), including mounting system, excluding batteries
- Spontaneously transform your video enabled DSLR into a discreet handheld video camera
- Lets you shoot photos and video in direct sunlight
- Stabilizes camera when shooting video handheld
- Aids on-the-fly focusing
- Allows the use of LCD in bright daylight outdoors
- Magnification of 220% specially tailored to most 3" LCD screens
- AR coated and optically corrected lens with 40mm clear aperture
- Robust and durable: no moving parts
- Splash and dust proof
- 180 degrees flipping design allows instant left or right eye usage
- Universal magnetic mounting interface allows rapid mounting and demounting without any wear and tear
- Allows the use of battery and wireless grip and all other original accessories
- Flat mounting interface allows easy cleaning of the LCD screen