Unique pipeline for managing colour from script to screen.
LONDON—At IBC 2012, FilmLight will demonstrate its latest solutions for refining looks and managing colour at every stage in production. Several new products from FilmLight’s expanded product line will be on view for the first time in Europe, each designed to address a different point in file-based film and television workflows, and together constituting an integrated, end-to-end colour pipeline.
- Create looks on set: FilmLight’s new FLIP is a real-time image processor that allows directors, cinematographers and colourists define and refine looks before shooting begins.
- Produce high-quality deliverables near set: Baselight Transfer is a real-time, 4K dailies processing system supporting the latest digital cinema cameras, including Sony F65, Arri Alexa and Red Epic.
- Access grading tools at every stage of post: Baselight Editions brings the world’s most powerful colour grading toolset directly to editors and visual effects artists. Baselight Editions for Avid, Apple Final Cut Pro and NUKE will be on show at IBC.
- Complete projects with maximum quality, flexibility and speed: Baselight 4.3, the latest version of the award-winning colour grading software that includes new features, improved ergonomics and greater speed for enhanced productivity and creativity will be running on the industry leading combination of Baselight TWO with a Blackboard 2 control surface.
- Empowering these new tools is FilmLight’s groundbreaking new BLG (Baselight Grade) file format, which allows complex grading information to be shared between the various stages of production and post. BLG is an OpenEXR file format – and therefore viewable on a laptop browser - containing graded and ungraded versions of a shot, as well as a wipe between the two, together with the grading metadata required to reproduce the complete Baselight stack.
- Lastly, FLUX is FilmLight’s breakthrough technology for storing and managing the huge amounts of media and data generated by today’s digital workflows. The new FLUX product is an expandable 80TB streaming media server with a powerful data and metadata management toolset that together form a key infrastructure part for an “image factory” where 100:1 shooting ratios are common and nobody has the time to look at all material that has been shot.
FilmLight will be exhibiting these and other products at Stand 7.F31. Additionally, FilmLight will be demonstrating Baselight with Blackboard 2 and FLIP as part of a seamless F65/FilmLight Colour Pipeline at the Sony Stand, 12.A10.
FilmLight develops colour grading and colour management systems as well as film scanning and data management solutions, that are transforming film and video post-production and setting new standards for quality, reliability and performance. The company’s products are in use every day by leading studios, labs and post-production facilities around the globe as essential components in their digital intermediate, commercials and video production pipelines. Fuelled by some of the industry’s brightest minds, FilmLight is committed to delivering innovative tools that allow creative professionals to work at the forefront of the digital media revolution. Founded in 2002, FilmLight is headquartered in London, where its research, design and manufacturing operations are centred. Sales and support are conducted through regional service centres located in London, Los Angeles, New York, Hamburg, Bangkok, Mumbai, Sydney, Auckland and Singapore, and through qualified partners worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.filmlight.ltd.uk.
Contact —Deepa Parbhoo (e: email@example.com |t: +44 20 7292 0400)